Job Title: Director of Marketing
Reports To: CMO
Compensation: Base + Bonus + Equity
Location: Culver City, CA
WORLDZ is a cultural marketing summit and community uniting superstars with rising stars to shape the world of tomorrow. Members include: Quincy Jones, Tony Hawk, Kaskade, Shaun White, Kerri Walsh Jennings, Gary Vaynerchuk along with executives and teams from Facebook, Samsung, Coke, Pepsi, Volcom, Roc Nation, Apple, Red Bull, Edelman, Warner Music, 20th Century Fox + more…
WORLDZ is on the hunt for a passionate, self starter and tenacious Director of Marketing to join our world class team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about shaping tomorrow’s culture, resourceful and forward thinking. Candidates must have demonstrated and directly relevant experience with driving paid attendance to high profile live business conferences/events.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ideate and implement a marketing plan for the WORLDZ summit and community encompassing traditional digital and where applicable, traditional marketing.
- Oversee social media plan to grow audiences across applicable business and consumer channels (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Youtube, LinkedIn, Google+, Reddit, Product Hunt, etc); actively seek to increase followers and drive membership acquisition; engage with related social media groups and communities; create event campaigns and promotions specific to each channel.
- Ideate and implement audience acquisition strategies and tactics to drive awareness, registration conversion and community retention optimization.
- Create and implement strategy to rapidly grow, maintain and segment the WORLDZ member and prospect email outreach database.
- Lead the strategy to schedule, test, measure and fine-tune our digital outreach using email and paid acquisition channels to promote WORLDZ, supporting events and the WORLDZ community.
- Analyze, track, and report results of marketing efforts (i.e. website KPI’s, list growth, customer/registration information, survey data, etc.) to improve effectiveness.
- Define and implement associated technologies & analytics stack as necessary.
- Develop a piercing viral content marketing strategy to drive awareness and increase membership/summit audiences.
- Close collaboration with small team on content, copy, design, and registration tactics.
- Develop marketing messaging and brand positioning; constantly iterate and test to ensure that content is accurate and drives conversions.
- Select and oversee freelance designers and writers.
- Strategize with advisory board members, the sponsorship team, and other PTTOW! departments on integrated marketing ideas and tasks.
- Oversee/drive/execute all onsite marketing duties at every event, including attendee experience, surveys, and corporate presentations.
- Update competitive marketing analysis to ensure that PTTOW!’s WORLDZ community is always positioned at the top of the opportunities.
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- MUST HAVE demonstrated prior event/conference marketing encompassing paid audience acquisition experience and expertise; we are looking for a strong creative event marketer with documented experience positioning events/communities and driving paid attendance.
- Astute with marketing automation including inbound content marketing.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical and organizational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with industry best practices for analytics and campaign reporting.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Strong writing skills with a demonstrated ability to write clear and compelling copy a plus.
- Knowledge of marketing conferences, products, and services for comparative analyses.
- Familiarity with youth culture trends and influences for Gen Y + Z.
- Must be able to work within tight deadlines with patience and humor.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and shift priorities as necessary.
Submissions without salary expectations and/or history will not be reviewed. We are not relocating for this position.